SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tsheets_gw

It's Been A Busy Summer

tsheets
10 years ago

Hi all,

I've missed the forum this Summer, but, it's been busy. In late June, I bought another house and moved. The Summer was basically spent keeping up two houses / yards and cleaning / reapairs getting the old place ready to sell.

Add to that, I haven't had Internet at home all Summer either. Very long story, but, before I even made an offer, I verified that both Mediacom and AT&T could provide Internet to my new house (both said yes). Once I made the purchase and tried to order service, neither could do it. So, I spent 3.5 months riding Mediacom's butt and as of this week I have both Internet and just got the old place on the market.

The good news is the new place has a lot more room and even some sunlight - what a novel idea for a garden!! LOL My old place had very little space and mostly shade. Well, I say it's good, but, it might just be enough rope to hang myself. It will take some self control to not plant so much that I can't keep up. Guess that's a good problem to have. :-)

Anyway, I didn't take many pics this year, and didn't have many plants, so I never had a big harvest all at once. Had a few here and there throughout the Summer.

Here are a couple of pics I did take earlier, and I am going to try to get the overwintering started this weekend so might take some before / after pics then.

Here's a small harvest from early August. 7-pot brain strain, 7-pot yellow, Christmas bell, and Guajillo (and poblano hiding in the back).

A closeup of the brain strain:

Here are the insides of the brain strain. Lots of placenta and oils. Scarey stuff!! :

I've got a few other varieties and harvested a pretty good amount over the course of the Summer, but, didn't take many pics.

Hopefully, I'll have some more pics to end the season.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus