SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olga_6b

SP time for me

olga_6b
15 years ago

Just SPed two roses this weekend. Both were already mature size, so it wan't easy task. Couldn't do more then one per day.

Cecille Brunner -nothing wrong with this one. It is just got too big for its space (7x7)and it was in front row near the deck. In addition, I continue to spray several divas, but majority of my garden is no spray. Cecille Brunner didn't qualify for no spray in my garden, as well as it didn't qualify for Diva status :(

Another one that was hard to part with was Jaques Cartier. I just had a bad plant, I believe. I used to grow this rose before and know how beautiful it can be. This JC never satisfied me, a lot of deformed blooms. I was patiently waiting for 6 years each year finding some excuse for deformed blooms, but it never out grew it. Probably some tipe of virus. I got this rose together with another two varieties, which I know pretty well and all three were underperformers. It is long time since I substituted another two from different source and they are wonderful plants now, but I was not so firm with JC. What a waste of time. It was 8x8 feet plant with roots go directly to China, so I am sore now.

Earlier this year I SPed Belle Isis. The same reason. I know htis rose too well to allow it be poor prformer. Already ordered substitute for this one.

I helped me that I grew these roses before, so I wasn't blaming the variety, just these particular plants.

Olga

Comments (24)