SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheila7863

I Need Help!! Bright Ideas Please!!

Sheila7863
22 years ago

Due to back problems I have trouble with weeding. I can do it lying down on my side (dirty, but ok!) but sometimes when I am really bad I can't get up!

I already have a reacher device which I use to pick up objects, etc. If it would work I would use it for what I'm about to describe, I would - but it won't. It's not strong enough.

What I need is an object that has about a 3 foot handle (I'm short:) and a claw end that will grab a weed and pull it out of the ground. None of the "gadgets" out there work for me. The garden claw is great but not what I need for this. The Weed Hound won't work because I have serious balance problems and fall over using it.

The only thing I can visualize is the apparatus that is used on a wringer sponge mop - you know how it grips and locks and won't let go? That's what I need. But I need an idea for the "business end" to grip the weed with.

I'm either gonna have to come up with something or let the weeds run wild this year. My two attempts at weeding have landed me up in severe pain.

If you have any ideas that work for you, I would greatly appreciate them!!

Comments (17)