SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluegirl_gw

D*****d FOXES!!!

bluegirl_gw
10 years ago

I've been smugly enjoying a deer fenced back yard, thinking how wonderful not to have to deal with the pests everyone else battles...

But foxes have been crawling underneath & digging around my plants, destroying some.

Yeah, foxes--I've seen them repeatedly.

We don't have any chickens, I haven't used fish emulsion or other attractants, I suppose they're digging for grubs or worms. The drought is probably putting a lot of pressure on them. I have a shallow watering tray on the ground & have actually surprised one drinking from it one night.

Any suggestions? They love the soft freshly watered soil I've labored to establish around the roses. I've laid chicken wire on the ground around some plants--helps some but they still dig. Spreading black pepper after watering helps some, but they still dig.

I want to blast them. I probably need to lift the convenient water source, chink the holes under the fence, etc. Just surprised how persistent & bold the guys are after me repeatedly surprising them at night & chunking rocks. I'm getting resigned to sitting up one night with a pellet gun or trapping & relocating but any interim advice would be appreciated.

Comments (39)