SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shellys4811

Tonight...I had a first!

shellys4811
14 years ago

My mother lives next door to me, and tonight we were about to eat supper together at her house. To give you some insight, we live six miles out of town. As I was walking out into my front yard and about to cross the drive to go to her house, a truck that was not familiar to me pulled into our driveway. I was somewhat leary of them, as I always am, because out here in the country people don't just drive into other people's driveway.

They drove up to me, rolled down the window, and promptly asked me if they could have a flower. I smiled and told them that would be just fine. As he got out of the truck, he made the statement that the rose would used to make medicine. I told him that I had heard of this before, but never knew anyone that actually did it. He showed me that he had an infection in one of his eyes.

I grabbed my pruners, and we walked out into the roses. He picked out several brilliant pink iceberg blooms that were almost spent. I handed him the pruners and let him cut what he wanted. I asked him if he had as much as he needed, and he told me that he did.

Walking away from the roses, I asked him how he used the rose petals to make medicine. And he explained to me how to do it. Then, he thanked me and I told him that no thanks was necessary and that he had given me something in return (how to make rose medicine). I also told him that he was welcome to get some roses anytime that he or his family might need them.

After they left, I just thought about how "cool" it was - the whole experience that took place. How my roses are not only used for visual pleasure to the occasional passerby, but also had properties that can help some heal. I always knew that my roses could heal the mind and spirit, but I had never known physical healing until tonight. Really cool, huh!?

Shelly

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths