SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dracko

FSBO - My first showing

dracko
14 years ago

I listed my house the other day on Kijiji. Just thought I'd give it a few weeks to see if it would sell before signing up for an online FSBO service that you pay for.

Tonight I had my first showing. It wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. BUT...

The couple (early 20's) showed up with her parents. Probably a good idea for anyone looking to buy a house. Turns out her father is a home inspector. Ugh...what are th friggin' chances.

I feel confident in my house but I've only lived in it for 2 years and the owner before me owns a reno company and did all the work. It's been redone basically inside and out, top to bottom. I assume if the kids are interested the father will want to come back and have a closer look. He commented on things like my cupboards are level, etc. Didn't say anything negative but I assume they have an even more critical eye than most people would about small things. The daughter was in love with the house so I'm hoping to hear back from them.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do or not to do when selling your house yourself?

Comments (6)