SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_l_w

Favorite Polyantha

brenda_l_w
10 years ago

My observation is that polyanthas were mentioned several times in the recent "easiest to grow" thread but only once in the "most beautiful" thread. I'd like to point out that for a newbie like me, if they grow well in your area, there is not a better rose to boost your rose growing confidence. And they can be quite beautiful in their own small way. Here is my Mrs. William G. Koning which I received from Vintage in June.
{{gwi:301334}}
I hope you can see all the buds that I do not bother pinching off. Mrs. William G. Koning has especially shiny green leaves. Meanwhile other roses like Grandmother's Hat and Snowbird sulk in their pots, their leaves yellowing or blackspotting and not putting out any new growth.
Other polyanthas I have are Lullaby, Lady Reading, Cecile Brunner, Rita Sammons, Marie Pavie, Marie Daly, and Margo Koster. In the future I'd like Little White Pet and maybe Leonie Lamesch - I think that's a rose I have to see in person to decide. Another great thing about polyanthas? If i don't have space I can probably keep them in a pot, resulting in more roses and less real estate used.

So what is your favorite polyantha?

Comments (46)