SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ron2003

Spreader Settings for Lesco Fertilizer

ron2003
17 years ago

Hello,

I purchased Lesco Professional Starter Fertilzer (18-24-12) yesterday. I have Scotts Speedy Green 2000 Broadcast spreader but the Lesco product provides spreader settings for only the SCOTTS R8A Rotary spreader.

Does anyone know how can I figure out what setting I should use with the Scotts Speedy Green 2000 Spreader to apply the Lesco fertilizer.

I also purchased 50/50 Quality Turfgrass seed from Lesco and it says that I should apply the starter fertilizer prior to the seed. In the past I have applied the starter fertilizer after seeding. Does anyone know if the order of applying seeds/fertilizer matters. I plan to use the broadcast spreader for overseeding as well since I just aerated my lawn a couple days back.

One final question. I have a lot of weeds in my lawn (dandelions and others that I don't recognize). I mowed my lawn with the lowest setting on the lawn mower prior to aerating. Will the existence of the weeds have an adverse impact on germination of the new seeds? I'm hoping that once the seeds germinate and the grass starts growing it will eventually crowd out at least some of the weeds and I can use a weed killer next summer to take care of the rest. Any comments on that?

By the way I'm in the Chicagoland area.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ron.

Comments (7)