SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luanne_gw

David Stone's workshop...the aftermath

luanne
16 years ago

Now that everybody who is going to have a Spring has had one...what are the results of that class we all took, last September. Were your flushes better than usual or about the same. What did you change about the way you normally treat your roses? Are the results better? OK let's start with me since I'm already here.

My Spring flush had to be a combination of maturing plants and my new pruning methods. The removal of the old wood I had been preserving like a miser allowed the new canes to produce many more blooms. MAC in particular was more beautiful than ever as was Marie van Houtte. This year I only added to the soil, manure, bloodmeal. some bonemeal to plants that hadn't gotten it for 3-4 years, mychorrhea,kelp,alfalfa and mulch to replenish the soil. No chemical fertilzer was added. I was far more careful about my cuts in regard to bud eyes and the ones I cut with an upward facing bud eye rewarded me with upward growing roses. Out of Yesteryear and Topaz Jewell did not flop. Big Yay!

{{gwi:250812}}
MAC as never before

{{gwi:294541}}
Marie Pavie

{{gwi:294542}}
Baby Blanket

{{gwi:251567}}
Smarty

{{gwi:244793}}
Typical crowd scene. Thank you David.

la

Comments (30)