SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nvrnugh

Getting Soil Ready for Veggies

Vanessa 8a
16 years ago

Okay last year I started my very berry first garden every. I am HOOKED :) The incredible joy of watching the tomatoes, banana peppers and chili peppers grow was amazing. I had to have taken a million pictures.

I had wanted to start one for so long that my partner when I was gone for two weeks made me a "grave" size garden bed. Mind you now he knows way less than me but his parents were into it so they did the talking while he did the work :)

Luck me right? Yes! However, I won't have the same or any help this time around. I found this form last summer and many thanks many times over to all as I was saved by everyone here to many times.

So long story (not) short I have no clue about the soil as I wasnÂt apart of it. I have read post after post but it all seems to be about compost. Is it because their isn't much to it Dirt, H20, Fertilizer, Sun and go???

My questions are:

1) Do I need to do anything to get the soil ready for next year?

2) Can I plant in the same spots?

3) Can I plant the same things?

If I missed a post or just didn't type the correct thing in the search field I'm sorry but the biggest thing I learned last summer is "work is to be done for all the joy".

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa

Comments (19)