SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kingme77_gw

Cherry Trees - Yellow Leaves

kingme77
13 years ago

Hello, I am new to the tree and gardening seen. My wife and I moved into our first house two years ago. We have a decent sized back yard that gets lots of sun. The yard however had no trees. I decided this Spring to plant some trees, which I did. Of the five trees I planted three were Okame Cherry Trees. The trees are young, only 4 to 5 feet tall. I have never planted a tree until now. I surprisingly enjoyed planting them and love to walk around the yard to see how they're doing.

The trees were doing fine until today when I came home and found yellow brittle leaves on two of the trees. Some of the green leaves have black tips on them. I did recently spray them with an insecticide, because I found a couple Japanese Beatles on them. (The brand was Bayer if that helps.) Not sure if that makes a difference.

I did some research before buying/planting. I dug a hole twice as big as the root ball, scraped the walls of the sides of the hole, and did not go deeper then the root ball. I did use peet moss and some granulated fertilizer on the surface of the dirt. Then covered with mulch, trying not to get to close to the trunk. I try to keep them watered but we have had a bit of rain recently. So I have been letting Mother Nature water them for me. The trees are about 25 feet apart, and are on the high part of my yard. They get plenty of sun.

If there is anything I can do to help them or if you need anymore information please let me know. I appreciate any responses. Sorry for the lengthy post. I have included some pictures below.

{{gwi:402941}}

{{gwi:402943}}

{{gwi:402945}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus