SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molineux_gw

Need Climber: Climbing La France or Viking Queen?

Molineux
16 years ago

My MIL just moved into a retirement community. Really pretty house but very small yard with lots of community restrictions. But they will allow her to grow a climbing rose up and around her front porch, which is painted white. She asked me to pick a pick climbing rose. Lavender and pink are her favorite colors so I'm planning on pink roses surround by PROVENCE lavendin. She wants repeat bloom, fragrance and has a preference for high centered blooms (but I want to try and seduce her over to Old Garden Roses and Reproductions).

So far I've narrowed my choices down to CLIMBING LA FRANCE and VIKING QUEEN. Which one should I choose? MIL is a rose novice so it has got to be something that is easy to grow. She will spray but doesn't like to do it every week, so once every three-to-four weeks seems like a reasonable schedule.

The other roses she will be growing in her postage stamp sized front yard is BELINDAS DREAM and MARECHESA BOCCELLA (or perhaps THE MAYFLOWER?).

I'm also open to suggestions. Just please don't recommend AWAKENING or NEW DAWN. Either is much too big for the structure and MIL wouldn't appreciate the evil thorns.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County