SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luanne_gw

Fall Dirt Day at Vintage is October 11

luanne
15 years ago

We want to warmly invite all our old friends to the next Dirt Day at Vintage Gardens and we also want to invite you if you are new here or have only been thinking of joining us for the past 5 years and haven't yet done so.Vintage Gardens is a small nursery of antique and rare roses which holds the largest collection of such roses in this country. As part of our rose heritage it is invaluable and as each year seems to bring the closing of one more small nursery its value becomes more clear. How often do guests come through my garden and wonder where they can get this or that rose and often I only know of the one place. Aside from all that, I have met my dearest friends on this forum and then in person at Vintage. The potluck is outstanding, the fall bloom is wonderful, and the rose chat goes on and on. We start gathering between 9 and 10 a.m., work three hours,break for nectar and ambrosia and those who can often go back for another hour or two. So come bring your favorite weeder or a shovel, a dish to share and your gloves and hat.It is in the private garden of Gregg Lowery and PHillip Robinson, contains 4000 different roses and you have never seen the like. If you need a map it is on the Vintage website. Let me know if you're coming.

la

Comments (5)