SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luanne_gw

Dirt Day at Vintage, Days of wine and roses

luanne
16 years ago

Well yes we do tend to have more fun than the average work party while nourishing the magnificent collection of rare roses in the private garden of Gregg Lowery and Phillip Robinson. Four thousand roses of every complexion from rare Albas and Spinossimas to a collectors fantasy of gallicas, chinas, noisettes,teas and rare Austins. It is inspiring just to walk through it or let me put it this way. I have overheard so very many people thanking Gregg for letting them work in his garden. You may laugh but this little jewell in the Sebastopol hills is still a marvel and an unending source of wonder even to those of us who have worked that delicious soil for years.

Did I say you are all enthusiastically invited, for Saturday, April 5. We arrive from 9-10 and are all in the garden by 10 and usually break for lunch about 1:30. Some people are known to go back after lunch while others meander over to Garden Valley Ranch to include a little rose shopping (I hear it's on the way home...)

The gossip is good, the roses indecently lovely, the food, sublime and the company and rose chat don't get better.

Let me know if you want to carpool, don't know what to bring,or...Directions can be found on the Vintage website.We occaisionally have guests from Texas,Washington,and New York, so don't let distance hold you back.Love to see all of you.

la

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!