SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
violetta1976

I didn't go nuts at the AV sale!

violetta1976
16 years ago

You were right - everyone was lovely, and I'll definitely be going to a meeting soon. I'm so excited now!

One of the ladies has been growing AVs in fishbowls. The results are gorgeous - I think the small mouth must increase the humidity inside. She puts a thick layer of perlite on the bottom, then uses her regular growing medium (1-1-1) on top of that. The AVs look like they love it! I'll probably be trying this soon, maybe next time I need to repot.

So here are my purchases.

First... wait.. Abigail! Get away from there!

{{gwi:377390}}

Okay, let's try this again. First, Rob's Boolaroo.

{{gwi:377391}}

Second, LLG Sea Drift.

{{gwi:377392}}

Attempted a close up of the bloom, but it's pretty fuzzy. It's a beautiful double; rich purple with thin white edging.

{{gwi:377394}}

Third, a plug of Rob's Dust Storm. The minis they had from Rob's were beautiful. I was so jealous! I could easily have bought all of them if I had more room in my place.

{{gwi:377395}}

And finally, LLG Lemon Drop.

{{gwi:377397}}

I'd been wanting Rob's Boolaroo and LLG Lemon Drop anyway, so it was pretty cool to find them there.

Thankfully, after all was said and done, Abigail decided that she was more interested in the box I brought the AVs home in than the AVs themselves.

"Quit mocking me. I fit perfectly."

{{gwi:377398}}

Oliver couldn't care less about the new additions to the house. He's just happy I'm wearing a sweatshirt with ties.

{{gwi:377399}}

(Sorry for the gratuitous kitty shots. I couldn't resist.)

Comments (14)