SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitcher

Bliss by Beaulieu - I hope I didn't make a big mistake!

southernstitcher
10 years ago

I research everything to death. We're on a budget, but for some reason I didn't research the carpet. It's installed, and I decided being bored last night to put Beaulieu in the search box. Knocking head against wall, after reading not bad reviews - just "stay away from polyester" comments.

We chose Bliss "Perfect" Beaulieu carpeting. It was $2.69 sq ft at the wholesale flooring place my contractor wanted us to go. My contractor had figured $3.09 a sq ft - but we chose this before we knew his price. I asked both the carpet guy and the contractor if after seeing his higher price if I should go back and choose something better, (they had not ordered it yet), but I was told I'd chosen the "best" in that line, so no worries. We did choose the most expensive pad.

The sales guy was great with helping us choose color, but he didn't explain to us the difference between poly and nylon, and I didn't realize we'd chosen polyester. DH was with me, and he is always in a hurry when choosing things. He does no research. It's just DH and I living here right now, and it's only in two bedrooms. The other BR is a sewing room, in which I put a vinyl floor.
Right now it's very pretty, but it tracks footprints. I will say this - my DD came home and spent a night in her old room, bringing red punch in there. She spilled it of course, and cleaned most of it up. I found, days later, a spot she'd missed, and it cleaned up well. Then days later, after vaccuming, more showed up, and that cleaned up as well. So, at least that is a good thing - the stain resistance is working fine.

Beaulieu does have the 60 day "love it or we'll refund" policy. I know that they will all really think I'm nuts if I use that policy and return it. I do like the color and looks of the carpet, and the tracking doesn't bother me too much. We are not folks who spend a lot of time in the bedroom actually - no TV in there. I may start using the hall bath as my own if DD doesn't move back in - so that is even less traffic.

Please someone tell me you have this carpet and it's held up well.......

Comment (1)