SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ocbrian

Volunteering & training in your s. California rose garden

Brian
14 years ago

Ok, so last week I put up a post on how & where to volunteer at a public rose garden in Southern California. The choices I were given were great but no one is taking in volunteers at this time. I really want to volunteer at Descano gardens since they have five acres of roses where they train you on everything from the types of roses to propagating to pruning; but they don't have any openings till probably September they said. Then I tried my second choice, the Huntington Library but it's the samething with waiting except for they have deadheading class on Tuesdays, but I don't want to do an hour drive everyweek, fighting the morning commute traffic for deadheading (They also have a 2 yr. committment). So I just have to wait, but in the mean while I was hoping & wondering if any of you Southern Californians whose have huge rose gardens (I saw some people say they had 1000+ roses, but can't remember who) would like to have me volunteer and assist them with their roses either once a week or every other week until September or whenever. I want to work with lots of different types of roses, especially antiques and english roses & I want to learn everything like propagating & the varities (I'm young & have a lot to learn). I also live in Orange County, so with in an hour of a drive is good enough. Let me know, thanks!

Comments (14)