SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleintegacay

I took a shovel pruning fit!

caroleintegacay
15 years ago

And it was wonderful!!! I feel so much better!

It all started with my puny Tipsy Imperial Concubine that finally bit the dust recently. As to be expected we're running a bit short on rain again around here and everytime I passed that puny dead thing while watering it irritated me. So early yesterday morning instead of running errands and burning my $4 a gallon gas (actually I paid $3.83 this am) I went out with shovel in hand. Tipsy is now nothing more than a memory.

But it didn't stop there. I got to wandering around and spotted an canker-ridden Pierre de St Cyr. Out he came! And then I noticed that Edith Schurr had never been anything but a dud (as compared to the surrounding Delbards)in prime real estate so she was my next victim.

By this time I was deep in a shovel pruning frenzy. That's when I remembered that Mary Magdelene and Queen Nefertiti have never done diddly squat while occupying their prime sunny spots. Of course you know what happened next!!! Gone! Gone! Gone!

Kinda like the Queen of Hearts running around screaming "Off with their heads!".

The good news is that I had plenty of roses in pots to fill up those spots. I dug up five and planted six! The bad news is that it is July and I am in for a good few months of coddling my new plantings!

That's ok though...I feel like a new woman!

Carole

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County