SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nevergreen

HELP If This Plant Dies, Will Never Forgive Myself

NeverGreen
11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Long story short, my mother was given this African Violet the day I was born... I am now 24. It would be stupidly poetic if I were the one to finally kill it, but I would NEVER forgive myself. I am on the verge of tears and feel like a failure of a daughter.

{{gwi:366479}}

{{gwi:366480}}

I suspect it may have been over watered thanks to my brother, but it was a bit neglected before then while I was away, so I have no idea anymore. It looks pathetic now because I pruned the larger awful looking leaves off in hopes of the newer growth flourishing. Instead, the leaves have been slowly dying. They larger ones I took off today had some weird white things on them. I also just noticed today, if I look closely at the soil, there are super tiny bugs in it. D:

What are my options to save this plant? Is there such a thing as a plant doctor? Can I safely transplant it? How should I go about doing that? Should I try growing a new one out of one of the few precious leaves?

I tried drying it out today by moving it to a brighter window, but it rained in June in California.

If it were some plant I got a few weeks ago, I wouldn't really care, but my mother treasures this plant so I'll do anything I can to try to save it. HELP!!!

Comments (5)