SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephann1978

I've never planted a flower in my life and........

stephann1978
17 years ago

I need a whole lot of advice. First allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie. I'm 28 and had lived in TX my whole life. I have a wonderful son(Trey,5) and a wonderful husband(Mark,38). We recently had to have our very beloved friend Jackson put to sleep, Easter Sunday as a matter of fact. Anyway, he was been part of the family for 10 years so it was very hard for us to do. We burried him here at home but just puting a marker there isn't enough for me. What I am wanting to do is plant a beautiful flower garden above him but since I don't know the first thing about flowers or gardening I don't know where to start.

We live just NW of Houston and you all know how our weather can be. The spot that we burried him in only gets direct sunlight for about 3-4 hours a day so I don't know what effect that will have on flowers being there. I really want to go with mostly white flowers with some Easter Lillies to symbolize his passing. He was a Golden Retriever but his color was white, the reason for wanting white flowers, with a few colored flowers scattered in.

My husband took our dogs passing very hard so I want to make the garden a special place for him to be able to remember our very dear friend for many years to come. I really need as much advice as you all are willing to give. Thank you for taking the time to read all this and thank you in advance for all your help and insight.

Oh BTW, I would like to get this done in the next couple of weeks, before it gets too hot.

Thanks Again,

Stephanie

Comments (11)