SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlargaespada

Loss of Power

rlargaespada
13 years ago

I bought a used Simplicity Broadmoor lawn tractor about 4 years ago at a Simplicity dealer. I believe it is a 1999 model as I have the original papers. It has a 14HP B&S Vanguard V-Twin engine. It has run fantastic each summer and gets some heavy use on my 9 acres. Last weekend I was cutting for a couple of hours and all was normal. I shut it down to take a break for about one half hour. When I started it up I immediately could notice the engine was running at a lower RPM than it ever did before. It ran, but would bog down when I engaged the mower and cut some thicker grass. I've been going through these forums looking for an answer. So far I've checked the gas cap and all the linkage on the carb. I did find that the gas lines were looking cracked and when I squeezed one gasoline dripped out the crack. I replaced the lines from the fuel filter to fuel pump and from the fuel pump to the carb. I bought enough line to replace all of it, but my time ran out before I could check the line from tank to filter. It does not stall. It runs very normal except the sudden RPM change which causes it to be slower and not cut the grass properly. Could this be a Fuel Pump problem or could somebody steer me to the source most likely to cause this?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction
More Discussions