SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

it's hot, hot, hot!!!! and other whining....

serenasyh
14 years ago

guys, I am so tired, hot, sweaty... I'll try to get out to my garden for several 10-15 minute stretches at a time during the day; it's unbearable! and we're "only-in-the-90s" not in our typical 100 degree weather yet. I end up doing the major muscle dig from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. I'm a heat wussy! and sorry to whine, whine, whine, but I'm also a weakling!!! trying to hoist a standard shovel which is about as big as I am, and feels like a good chunk of my body weight is quite an endeavor...Crab grass drives me crazy because they're in so tight along my brick material borders that they're very difficult to dislodge... And of course I had 3 clumps of a very tough weed-grass that takes all my strength to yank out, so if more keep coming out I'll screech, because that means I accidentally left behind more roots and I hate my dull, "blunt" garden spade, it feels like I'm digging soil with a spoon so maybe it's time for me to get a better one...(I'm trying to do organics, so have to do the tug, hack into the soil method, the least fun out of gardening)...

And what is the worst part of this heat is that the heat seems to be killing the fragrances of all my very fragrant roses.... Does anyone experience this problem...? When it was cloudy, drenchy, I used to smell my Lincoln 6'-10' away...now some of my blossoms from Fragrant Cloud and Lincoln don't have any! smell. Tiffany and Aromatherapy's and Gemini's new buds haven't bloomed yet, but I suspect they'll likewise have this same problem....

Comments (14)