SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocknroses

Need large, light pink DA or OGR

Well, this is a rather pleasant dilemma. Last weekend we had the concrete wall around our back yard painted: it went from pale pink (photo, with Molineux in April) to dark red.
I have two Alnwick Roses, large and getting larger, about four feet in from the wall. Last year, I planted two Falstaffs right behind them -- figuring they would get even bigger, and that the dark red blooms would look great against the pink wall.
However, the Falstaffs aren't working. Plump Jack is a skinny, short non-bloomer in that spot (it does get more shade than the Alnwicks). Besides, I now realize that dark red blooms would blend right into my wall and be virtually invisible!
Now I think a lilac or light pink rose is what I need. Instead of two of them, though, I'd like to buy one big ol' plant. I can get 5-gallon Austins around here at wholesale prices, but would also like to consider OGRs/teas/noisettes. Remontant, please!
We have the classic SoCal valley weather, with few low clouds and more sun than we know what to do with. It does dew up at night, though.
I like James Galway, and it is recommended for shade but not for hot, dry climates. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks!
Sylvia

Comments (9)