SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katzzmcd

Need help identifying these 3 flowers in my garden!

katzzmcd
14 years ago

I don't know what these perennial flowers are in my garden. They were there when I moved it.

1)Purple tall thin flowers: plant stands 3-4 feet tall. It is just starting to flower now, some are still buds. Flowers are spikes that are pink-purple. I thought it was a weed when it was growing because of how the green leaves looked.

2) Purple groundcover: stands maybe 2 feet tall and flops out from where its base is in the ground. Its stems are mostly brown,not green. Almost looks salvia-like. Not very fragrant. Flowers are mostly bright purple, some looks like they are dying.

3) Yellow daisy-like flowers with darker orange center. Stands 4-6 feet tall. They attract bees. Some of the stems are purple and some are green. They are not very fragrant. They do appear to spread, because there are more this year than last.

It would be a GREAT help is someone could help me identify. I am just getting into gardening, so I don't know all my flowers yet. But I want to figure out what is in my garden so I can learn as I add flowers. Thanks in advance!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Snapfish photo album of Flowers

Comments (10)