SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseywendy

For those who were affected by the latest heat wave....

jerseywendy
15 years ago

I was wondering how everyone's Austins held up during the past super hot and humid days. We've had temperatures of close to 100 degrees for 3-4 days straight, with extremely high humidity. I was certain that most of my Austins would be flopping after 1 day, but was extremely surprised how well everthing held up.

Teasing Georgia continues to bloom like crazy, some of the flowers have been hanging on for nearly a week (though they seem to be at their end today)

Abraham Darby seems totally unaffected and is blooming like mad.

WS2000's blooms have opened and shattered quickly, but luckily he's still full of new buds.

Mary Rose's blooms didn't like the heat wave either, the blooms made it through 2 hot days before losing their petals.

Tamora seems a bit more tolerant than Mary Rose, but not to be compared with TG or AD.

Heritage and Scepter'd Isle flat out hated the heatwave. Even though both plants look great, the flowers they dared to open in the heat only lasted 1 day.

Bishop's Castle (in quite some shade, actually) has amazed me, too. Blooms are still going strong, and there are too many buds to count.

I have many more Austins, but they're really too young to be compared with the ones I mentioned above.

Please share your experience with the heat wave, which finally seems to have left us (for now).

Teasing Georgia

{{gwi:215935}}

Abraham Darby

{{gwi:275914}}

---

Wendy

Comments (19)