SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Before the heat wave, most productive use of your time?

I'm behind as usual. Haven't gotten the garden all ready before the heat arrives. I guess you have a shorter window now to get that done too. Tomorrow our forecast is for 5 days of 90 degree weather and sunny. So I have this morning before it rains about noon to get some things done.

I have about a dozen pots of plants I dug out of the perennial bed to move to new locations, Sedums are about the only thing I'm ready to place in a new location. Is it better to leave them in a pot and put them in a shady area until after the heat is gone, or should I plant them now? They've been in the pots about 3 weeks and are going into a full sun location.

I have a lot of Mums that I dug out and potted up, but I've added more vegetables to my full sun bed, so I'm holding onto them, I'm thinking of just moving them into the shade for the week. Yes?

For those of you who vegetable garden as well, I haven't gotten all my bean/cucumber/sqash seed sown, This would be a great time to get them in, right? How about potatoes, still time to plant them? I've planted 2/3 of them but have a few left.

Any other ideas of the best use of garden time before a heat wave, or what kind of care to give the garden during the heat?

Comments (23)