SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina1_gw

Yellowwood tree's leaves are dull green and crispy

katrina1
16 years ago

Am I right to conclude that the tree's roots got too dry.

This is the first spring for the tree since I planted it, and it lost its first leaves and bloom buds during an Easter freeze. Following that we had some good rains which seemed excessive, but when I dig holes to plant things the soil does not seem to be waterlogged. The tree releafed nicely during those frequent rains, but last week when there were no longer rains and we had several sunny days with temps rising into the mid and upper 80 F. degrees, the tree's leaves dried up. They are still green but all but a couple are crispy. I first noticed that yesterday, and Hand watered the tree several times. That watering made the few leaves that were in a slightly better conditon to return to near normal. My qestion is, will the tree die now, since those crispy leaves were from the second leaf out the tree produced after droping the first leaves frozen over the Easter freeze period.

I am pretty sure that I missed the trees need for supplimental watering by only two days. Right now the branches still look green. Is there a chance this tree will survive and recover well enough to make it through our upcoming summer heat? If the tree drops its dry leaves, Will it have the ability to releaf a third time, if I continue to keep it watered enough from now on?

Comments (3)