SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

Free to good home(s) in New Orleans

This is not a proposal for exchange, so I haven't put it on the exchange forum. I just want to find homes for 5 roses I have that I have decided to sacrifice so I can grow a few new varieities. "Damn this tiny yard of mine!" lol

Anyway, I'm not going to ship, so please don't ask. Most are too big for that anyway, being between 2 and 6 years old. All are grown on their own roots and are currently in pots. I want to keep the pots but will temporarily wrap them in garbage bags with duck tape to keep the rootballs intact. If you're in or near New Orleans and are interested in any of these, please let me know.

The roses are:

1. Helmut Schmidt, a canary yellow hybrid tea, healthy and easy to grow. Pretty, but in my opinion better as a cut flower than in the garden. It seemed to bloom a little more last year. Perhaps planted in the ground, it can establish itself and be prolific again. I notice no scent to speak of.

2. Dame de Coeur, red hybrid tea. Strengths are its rich red color that intensifies as the bloom ages, and its imperviousness to hot weather. It has no scent I can detect, and the bloom form is ok but not exhibition quality.

3. Fragrnt Plum, mauve blend grandiflora. Nice, moderately fragrant and good productivity. This simply wants more space, so I am going to go for a smaller mauve plant in its place.

4. Prairie Sunrise, soft pastel orange. Nice fruity fragrance; a small srub. Old fashioned bloom form of many little petals. The Blooms last only a few days but are pretty.

5. Vista, a mauve mini. Lavender, actually. As the blooms age, they acquire a little raspberry blush from the sun. If cut and brought inside, they stay pure lavender. Very pretty but fairly short-stemmed small clusters.

Check these out on Helpmefind.com/roses and let me know if you're interested. I've pretty well saturated the neighbors and coworkers with my castoffs over the past several years.

Mike

Comment

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH