SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

Free 'Moore's Striped Rugosa' in New Orleans

I'm not posting this under Exchanges because everyone seems to assume you are expecting to trade if you do that. But I just need to get rid of this rose.With 3 I have on order, I reeeeeallly don't have room for another. So until the umpteen roses I've purchased in the past year or so have had a couple years to show me what they've got, I don't want to entertain the thought of adding more. But about this Rugosa rose, I don't want to mess with shipping, so it needs to go to someone who can come get it. This rose has potential, but my garden space is too cramped to let it develop right (it's in a pot). Plus, being a Rugosa, it really should not be sprayed. But it has been crammed up against my roses that NEED spraying, so it gets drift. That doesn't make the leaves happy. Anyway, it is not that big yet, less than a year old, own-root, but should get to be 4 feet tall or so and a smidgen wider. Crimson and white candy-striped informal semi-double to double blooms, about 3 inches in diameter. I haven't had it long enough to know, but it's supposed to have good repeat. The fragrance is moderately strong and wonderfully clove-like. I wish I had the space for it. Any takers? Let me know and we can work out directions. I'm in New Orleans, Uptown.

Comments (10)