SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xxfladenium

Al's gritty mix: Silica sand vs Napa Foor dry

xxFLadenium
9 years ago

Hello, everyone I have posted on here a few times but was curious what people like more versus these two products for Al's gritty mix. I know you can use either product as a substitute for Gran i Grit or Growers Grit. I am currently growing an adenium D.R. with the mix but which is a better choice? I did not filter any of my products either the Repti bark nor the Turface MVP. For anyone in Florida here is a link to the Silica Sand company that carries the Silica coarse grade sand and Turface MVP. I think on my next grow with this mix I will definitely filter the products with a screen. I think I used 6/20 sand or 20/30 blasting sand I think is the name but I can't remember. My plant came back to life even after pouring Foliage Pro directly onto the plant instead of mixing it with water as directed after re-transplantation of the D.R. This goes to show you how good the mix really works the plant still survived because it's a good substrate. Growing with the proper substrate in pots is definitely a key to having successful grows. I enjoyed this product because it easy to use and basically maintenance free. Any input will help for some of my future grows with the gritty mix and some screen filter sizes too if possible, thanks

http://www.fsscompany.com/abrasive-finishing/abrasives/sand/dried-sand/

Comments (4)