SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginger9899

Advice needed on broken branch

ginger9899
10 years ago

Update in post below at end - success!!

Below are pictures of my young grafted King Violet adenium. When I got her earlier this summer she already had a very tall main branch, like 8 inches from the top of the caudex and I planned on probably pruning next spring. She was on my back porch and only got 4-5 hours of direct sun a day and then grew like 6 inches more. I decided she was already too tall and maybe needed more sun and was stretching so I moved her out to my plant bench so she could get 6-8 hours. Of course, even though she was on a bottom shelf in the corner of cement I came home one day after a storm and she was toppled over on the ground :( one tiny lower branch broke clean off but the only other damage was a scrape on the main branch not even deep at all. I potted back up and gave her rest in the shade for a week and them resumed watering last week. I am now disturbed to see the scraped part is wrinkled and sunken, but don't know what to think of it as the whole caudex, including the wrinkled sunken part is very firm as it should be. Also new leaves at the top have continued to grow.

Do I need to take action? Does it look like I will lose this branch or is it normal? Thanks for any insight, I'm worried. I have it staked now for more support. Sorry, I am long winded as usual.

{{gwi:352471}}

{{gwi:352472}}

{{gwi:352473}}

{{gwi:352474}}

-Heather

This post was edited by ginger9899 on Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 1:05

Comments (34)