SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julianna_il

Adding neighbor's refuse into my pile?

julianna_il
16 years ago

Last fall my neighbor had a huge pile of pulled up annuals and various trimmings and hinted that I could have them for my compost pile. I ignored the hint, because she does use a lot of chemicals.

I'm hoping this year's garden will be so lush she may start giving organic some thought. (She recently asked what the heck I was feeding my "tomatoes" to make them so beautiful, and I replied it's all organic. However, my tomatoes were actually peas. LOL. But they were, indeed, spectacular.)

I'm getting ready to have a small chat because I've put out a praying mantis egg case that will be hatching, and some of them will surely head to her garden. (They put up a garden of their own now after watching my harvests the last few years, although I did always share my bounty.) I want to let her know they're good guys and please don't spray.

Anyway, come fall, she'll have some piles of stuff (which they burn - they don't believe in lawn bags or composting) and I hate to see all that go to waste.

On the other hand, I really don't know what chemicals she uses. last year when I had cucumber beetles she said "Here, let me get some stuff for you to use. It kills everything." Um, thanks but no thanks.

What would you do, add this stuff or not? With their new veg. garden, they're going to have lots more stuff.

Comments (6)