SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrmichaeljmoore

What kind of tree is this? And help me save it.....PICS

mrmichaeljmoore
15 years ago

This tree is in the back corner of my lot behind my shed. It sits in front of my brush pile....where I put my leaves, fallen branches, grass clippings, etc.... I haven't paid much attention to it in the 6 years I have been in my house. It was always just there.....

But last year my elderly neighbor pointed out to me that there was a some sort of vine or tree (and a significant amount of it) choking out the mature large trees in the area. He asked if I would go into the woods and cut the vine where ever I saw it coming out of the ground....I did....and lo and behold this year, this little tree has some flowers and new growth on it. There must have been some of the vine wrapped around the tree that I never noticed.

So, what is it?

And since I am not an arborist in any sense of the word....what should I do to help it flourish?

It seems like the main leader of the tree is growing out and horizontally.....is there anything that should be done about that?

I think I remember seeing a few small peaches on the ground a few years back, but I didn't pay any attention to them....thought maybe some animals had dropped them in the area.

Could it be a peach tree?

Here are the pics:

{{gwi:350790}}

{{gwi:350791}}

{{gwi:350792}}

Comments (8)