SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miamibarb

Drought--Same Topic, New Title

miamibarb
17 years ago

I apologize for offending anyone with the tile of my previous thread ("title-which-I-won't-name-again.") Most of my new threads (mostly elsewhere) have blah titles that are just ignored. Perhaps, I should avoid posting anything in the wee hours of the morning. Hmm...

Anyway. I do appreciate all the ideas. I feel a bit discouraged, for I didn't see the drought coming (where was I?) and I didn't I prepare early enough. The roses in the yard are OK; it's just the ones in containers that are at risk. I have minis and others in permanently grown in pots. I hope to bury some of the pots eventually or to graft them--but that requires even more pots.

But yes, the rains are coming. It rained a little today. Not enough, but maybe it's a start.

I am going to try out Wilt-Pruf. I think it may help a lot in the late summer when the rains slow down and it gets really hot. It's funny when be bought our house the grey water was separated. Unfortunately. It flowed to the property line to water a hedge that doesn't need any more encouragement. We "fixed" it...Sigh. We thought it was poor plumbing. Maybe we were wrong about that.

What is sad though is the county 's solution the on-going water crisis is to encourage the building of apartments rather than single-family houses because the water usage of apartment dwellers is less per capita. (!!!) Doesn't make sense, because more people will use more water. It also makes gardening obsolete. And I was even getting excited about participating in the Cactus and Succulent forum too.

Comments (2)