SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

J&P Bareroots and RU Pots Arrived!

newyorkrita
16 years ago

I bought lots of shrub roses (and two HTs) from the J&P buy the collection sale they are having and they arrived on Wednesday. I put them all to soak and just couldn't believe the root systems on these bare roots. Felt like I had to dig to China on my planting holes.

I am used to planting the Milk Carton Roses and now I can really see for myself the difference in root size between a J&P Milk Carton rose and the bare roots they send mail order.

I got Wildfire and Perfect Moment HTs and lots of Shrub Roses. Got 6 Champlain and 4 Royal Wedding. The Royal Wedding is a J&P English style shrub rose. Then I also got shrub roses Greetings, Ruffled Cloud and Citrus Splash.

I got the others all planted by now but today I had to pot up Greetings, Ruffled Cloud, Citrus Splash and a Milk Carton Golden Zest that I also had because the area I am planting them in the front is not ready. I am overwhelmed with too much to do so with them potted, I can work on the area alittle slower without panic that my roses need planting yesterday.

On top of that my Roses Unlimited 10 rose order also arrived but since they are at least potted I didn't have to panic about planting them. Really lovely size roses, many of which came blooming or budded. I managed to get four of them planted today too!

Comments (20)