SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

Uninvited Pets

bakemom_gw
18 years ago

This post is probably a bad idea. But I really am interested in hearing the responses. This is not about ANYTHING other than guests and relatives showing up at your house with their uninvited pets (well let's face it - dogs).

Limiting this conversation JUST to uninvited pets (not strays, leashes, nothing but this topic), has this happened to you? Do you care? Do you not care?

Here's the reason. I have two very good sets of friends who show up time and again with their dogs. In fact, I have told both that their dogs can't come over anymore - in a nice way of course. My house is filled with antiques and I have cats. I love my friends' dogs, but they crap everywhere, chase my cats and run amuck through my house. The cats are terrified, but the owners think it is funny when their large dogs tree my cats.

I have had neighbors and friends ask one of these families to leave because it was a no dog zone (hey we love dogs, but the hosts of the block party didn't want dogs running around and the problems that can follow). This thread is NOT anti-dog. I'm just puzzled by people who will bring their dogs (in these cases, very untrained) to a home with no dogs and get huffed when I say they can't come in. (It's fine now as I have explained that dogs just don't work in this house with my cats and furnishings).

I love animals and enjoy dogs - it's just not right for my home. Now, my cats aren't perfect and neither are my kids. This isn't about that. This is about bring large untrained dogs to a home that clearly doesn't welcome them.

My friends claim they can't leave their dogs at home because the dogs get angry and poop in the house for revenge. The other friend says she loves her dog so much she can't understand why others don't love her as well. She is a great pooch - just not over at my house.

Ok, I'm hitting the send button.

Comments (12)

Sponsored