SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teacherhaley

How much to water AZ lawn during winter

teacherhaley
15 years ago

Hello-

I have never had a lawn before this year. I am renting a home in Arizona with a very small lawn (maybe 20 x 10) and a sprinkler system. Over the summer, I had no problems with the sprinkler system and the watering schedule. However, once the weather grew cooler, it became obvious that the watering schedule for the lawn needed to change. The lawn was getting soaked every time the sprinklers went off, and water was pooling up in the corners.

I have really tried to figure out what the watering schedule for a lawn in AZ should be, but I have no clue. I have looked on-line, I have consulted the instructions to our sprinkler system as well as its website, I have posted in another forum. I need to know how often and for how long a small lawn (sod) should be watered, as well as some landscaping that are on drip waterers (trees and various shrubs).

Right now, I have the lawn being watered 1x per week, and it is still getting super soaked. turning into a pond around the edges, and staying very wet after being watered. It's like the lawn is waterlogged.

Please, please, please help!!!!!!!!

Comments (3)