SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilleyl2005

setting up first drip system--need help w issues

lilleyl2005
17 years ago

Bought a kit to start off the drip system. When I tested it out, it worked so well that I ran off to expand the system. That's when I had my problems.

When I first set it up, I hooked the system as the kit recommended. Faucet, pressure regulator, backflow preventer and filter, 1/2" main line and 1/4" soaker hose tapping into the main line. With all the components on the ground (~2-3 ft. below the faucet), there was no problem--explosive spray from the faucet when I turned off the water. After expanding the system, and sending the soaker hoses over raised beds and pots, there was an explosive spray of water from the faucet as the water backs up. Why aren't the pressure regulator and the back flow preventer working properly? (Some thoughts: the elevation of the soaker hose segments into the pots is causing pressure issues, or laying out part of the main line on the slope--see below--is causing this problem?)

A portion of the yard that I'm trying to water is on a slight slope, above the height of the faucet. I have a feeling, I'm going to have problems because there won't be sufficient pressure to water the plants on the slope. How can I water the plants on the slope?

Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks.

Lil

Comments (3)