SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fossilnut

Drip Irrigation - Need help & suggestions!!!

fossilnut
15 years ago

I'm thinking of setting up a drip irrigation system and need some help. I plan to use the system to water ornamental plants as well as hanging and potted plants. I'm wondering if I'll run into any problems with my hillside garden (Its on a pretty steep slope heading from the house to the lake with a change in elevation of I'd guess maybe 10-12 feet). The hanging plants are up maybe 6' off the ground. My water is from a well and it had a lot of red (iron?) stuff that settles out in the toilet and I'm afraid that it might tend to clog up a drip system.

I've never used a drip system before but it has always intrigued me. Will I run into problems with my garden?

Also, appreciate suggestions as to brands. Especially which ones are easier to clean out as I suspect that might be an issue with my well water. I see everthing from Harbor Freight cheapies to more expensive systems and was hoping to get some suggestions on a good system that won't cost an arm and a leg. I tend to be on the cheap side of frugal but I don't want to get something that will give me a headache or constant trouble.

Also appreciate any suggestions on websites where I can get all my questions answered that I haven't even thought about yet.

Thanks!

Sandy

Comments (3)