SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Curious about your experience with these old HT's

sherryocala
14 years ago

Just for something to do, I searched the Vintage website for Hybrid Teas by year of introduction from 1867 - 1920. I was particularly interested in Types 1 - 3 and maybe 4 since the indication is that they are smaller bushes. Always thinking ahead for reasons to get more roses, in the event that I need replacements these might be good choices since they're "smaller" than Teas, and for me the only Teas I don't have are the real big ones that will not fit in my garden. So! Below is the list I pulled separated by bush form according to Vintage. If anyone grows them or has seen them growing, I'd love for you to expound away. In addition to size I'd really like to know about BS resistance or lack thereof - which I know some of you can't tell me. I did not include any Pernetianas since I'm sure they would get BS here, but if you want to chime in about them for the benefit of others that would be great. I think there's a wealth of roses in this group and would like to know more about them. The only old HT I have is Mme Able Chatenay, and I'm really liking her. Photos would be great, too. Thanks to all!!

Type 1 -

Betty

Chateau de Clos Vougeot

Hadley

Type 2 -

Captain Christy

Grace Darling

Juliet

Mrs Wakefield Christie-Miller

Type 3 -

Augustine Guinosseau (White LaFrance)

Augustine Halem

British Queen (AKA The Bride)

Duchesse de Albany (Red LaFrance)

Eva de Grossouvre

Graf Fritz von Hochberg

Gustav Grunerwald

Lady Alice Stanley

Lady Mary Fitzwilliam

LaFrance

Mme Elisa de Vilmorin

Mme Jean-Pierre Soupert

Mme Jules Grolez

Mme Segond-Weber

Mrs E G Hill

Mrs Herbert Stevens

Oekonomierat Echtermeyer

Souv de President Carnot

W E Lippiat

Type 4 -

Columbia

Gloire de Hollande

Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria

Lady Wenlock

May Miller

Mrs Charles Bell

Ophelia

Rose Marie

September Morn

Sherry

P.S. Some of these are only available "Custom Root" from Vintage. Haven't checked any other nurseries.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville