SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roland_gw

Wal Mart Story.....continued

roland
16 years ago

Thanks to all who commented about my message regarding the gas WeedEater I was going to purchase at Wal Mart. Wal Mart has a store policy to replace the WeedEater within 90 days. I actually went through two other trimmers I bought there. The first one, it worked fine until the string/rope completely pulled out when I tried to start it. I took it back and was given a new one. The second one I received ran fine for awhile and then it developed a hesitation on acceleration and there was a gas line/ fuel tank leak where all the gas would leak out. I waited a few weeks past the 90 day return period (my own fault) and after some BS was given a store credit for the purchase price. I was going to purchase another new WeedEater, but the only one left was the display model. The store display that I wanted to buy came with no 90 warranty....that's why I would not buy it. With the bad luck I had with the prior two trimmers, I wasn't buying without a warranty. As I said in my first message, Wal Mart told me no warranty/ no return on a display model. I don't want the hassle of having to take it to a warranty repair shop. When I purchase something such as this trimmer, I expect no problems with it. If problems do develope...I want a new one. At Wal Mart, just bring it back within 90 days.

Comments (10)