SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maries1120

Need suggestions for 2 trees

maries1120
11 years ago

We lost 2 trees in our front yard during a storm last fall. Now we need to pick new ones and could use some suggestions. The former owner had picked messy trees that littered the sidewalk and driveway so want trees that won't be as messy.

Tree 1 is in a planted area in front of a picture window. This one ideally would be 15 high by 10 wide but even 20x15 would be OK. One I read about that looked good was the Beijing Gold Pekin Lilac although I'm not sure if any place around Milwaukee will sell this.

Tree 2 is in another planted area off the side of the driveway. This one can be bigger - ideally 30x15-20 although a little taller and wider would still be OK but not much wider. One suggestion from a local nursery was an Ironwood. Is this a good option? How does this compare to a Musclewood? It seems like some use these interchangably although they technically have very different names. Other options I was looking at are maybe a Paperbark or Triflorum Maple but open to other trees.

Besides not being messy - would prefer a higher canopy at least for Tree 1. We need to redo the whole planting area for Tree 2 so that is more flexible. Front yard already has a dark leaf maple so need to consider that as well.

Thanks.
Marie

Comments (19)