SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ride_my_trumpet

I need an interesting fairly fast growing tree suggestion

Ride_my_trumpet
12 years ago

I have a slice of my lot along the driveway that borders my neighbor's yard. About 30' wide between my drive and the property border. Nowhere near the house. No powerlines. Completely barren of trees.

Once upon a time a giant evergreen of some sort lived there before the gods of nature knocked it over.

I want something interesting, different, with a good looking bark and foliage.

Height is really no issue, but girth of 25' is desired.

Until I have the utilities tell me otherwise I'm assuming water and gas may run through the area.

Till now the top runner was a Dawn Redwood, but I'm hearing that the roots may play havoc on the driveway and the spread is quite a bit more than 25'.

Wifey likes the leaves of the honey locust. I've liked the looks of a river birch (though our neighbor lost his in the same storm that claimed our big evergreen and I'm led to believe they are prone to being soft). But we are open to any and all sorts of unique and interesting trees.

We have at this time a fully matured sugar gum, 2 fully matured black oaks, a six foot tall shirazz japanese maple, 2 mature bradford pears, a mature plum and peach, dogwood with white flowers, a few evergreens as tall as the home, and some sort of unidentifiable tree that we call the weed because it is a proficient runner that has offspring that annoy us to no end, but the tree itself is wonderful. So any suggestion outside of these, and I'm not keen on evergreens. Easy right?

Thoughts? Suggestions? All appreciated! :)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County