SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linrose_gw

Need to site Teasing Georgia, Tea Clipper and others

linrose
15 years ago

I posted this on the antique rose forum but I have a lot of moderns so I'm asking here also. I have Teasing Georgia, Tea Clipper, Julia Child, Sunny Knockout, Ebb Tide, and Wild Blue Yonder to place. So far I have Jude the Obscure, Westerland (severely cut back after the Easter freeze), Carefree Sunshine and Reines des Violettes planted along the fence. I just planted Lady Emma Hamilton there this spring.

The area I have for the new roses is a peninsula extension out from the fence border into the yard. So my question is, which of these will get very large and which will stay relatively mannerly? Are they going to get huge or can I keep them pruned to head height or less? I think I read that Teasing Georgia can get octopus-like. Tea Clipper is a new one so I'm not sure if anyone has tried it yet.

There will be a path running through the bed and I don't want the roses to overtake it. Does anyone grow any of these roses and have recommendations?

Here is the bed. The top tier on the right is 5' x 5', the next tier down is 8' x 6', and the lowest tier is 12' x 6'. The little bits to the left of the path are about 6' x 6', probably too small for roses except a small poly? I also have Perle d'Or I have to put somewhere, would that work?

{{gwi:253910}}

Comments (5)