SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bloombeauty

Easy Elegance Macy's Pride photos of whole bush & site choice

bloombeauty
12 years ago

Good morning!

Yesterday was an important day! I entered the world of roses by bringing home my very first bush, Macy's Pride from the Easy Elegance line. A rather nice one, I think - I was lucky to have first pick as they came off the delivery truck at my local nursery :).

This particular rose is the favourite of one of the nursery's garden experts. It sounds like a real beauty but I have yet to see a picture of an entire plant...I keep finding close-ups of blooms. Beautiful, but I'd like to see the overall habit before planting it. I'd appreciate any photos you might have to share.

I originally intended to plant it in the front bed that runs next to our house. Full sun, rich soil due to some clay. In there already - very happy mature peonies in medium pale pink, Blue Bird delphiniums, a small yellow daylily (variety uncertain), spirea. Oenothera (evening primrose) will show up in June I have Russell lupin seedlings to plant in the background when things warm up a bit more. Some dianthus barbatus might be added (mixed pinks, whites, burgundies). Also have some dianthus fandango seedlings. Something low for the front ...not sure what yet.

I'll try to find photos of the bed from last year...always easier.

The label says the height will be 3-5ft with a similar spread. I'm wondering if 1) the rose should be at the back of the bed or 2) if it needs a different location altogether.

Nursery expert mentioned planting near delphiniums requires extra care to prevent disease - either blackspot or powdery mildew - can't recall now. Haven't yet decided what to do about that...take a chance, change site or move the currently thriving delphiniums.

Thanks for reading and for any help you might be able to send my way :)! I'm hoping for success - this rosebush is a gift from my father who is very ill...cancer, unfortunately. His mother had a spectacular rose garden, he knows I've been wanting to try my hand at them and I think there's a sentimental/memento intent to his gift. Poorly expressed but you probably understand.

Comments (11)