SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

May we see your little-known roses?

Most of us (with the honorable exception of riku and his truck load of Mittel-European unknown beauties), grow old roses whose names we can recite in our sleep. Even the Bermuda and California unknown roses aren't that unknown any more. I thought it might be fun to post pictures or descriptions of roses that are not commonly seen on the forum which are growing in our gardens.

{{gwi:258008}}

{{gwi:258009}}

This is a French polyantha, Marie-Jeanne, from Turbat, 1913, a lightly fragrant little rose. These pictures were taken on the evening of a day when the temperature was 96 in the shade, and this rose which I received as a band a few weeks ago seems unfazed.

{{gwi:258011}}

This is not a rose, but rather the person who has made it possible for me to have a thriving garden which includes many roses. My husband, a non-gardener, has cheerfully dug endless holes and supported me completely in my rose mania and quest for the perfect garden. I know many of you must have a similar person in your life and it would be fun to have pictures of them also.

Ingrid

Comments (25)