SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pappu_gw

Would you say this is overdoing it? (pic)

pappu
16 years ago

{{gwi:261853}}
{{gwi:261854}}

I planted these bareroots about two weeks ago. My wife thinks I am grossly overdoing and exaggerating the whole bare root planting thing. I think that I've done a fine job. The mounds of soil protect the bareroots and the moat and water around the bed keeps everything well hydrated. I am obsessed with the mounds of soil and the moat around them and am always fiddling around topping off the mounds, keeping the moat intact and this seems to irritate my family no end. They cannot understand the fuss over a bare bed with not a leaf in sight. I am just posting this because you guys know what I am talking about and how important this is.

I get smart alec questions from neighbors, everything from, "is that a row of dead rabbits?" to jokes about leeves and dams. Everyone stops by during the evening walk and they think I am joking when I tell them that that's a row of roses.

I do have an irristible urge to wash away the mounds and see if everythink is leafing out alright but I know better than to touch those mounds for two more weeks. And my patience will be rewarded when a row of 6 Julia Childs will be blooming their heads off in about 8 weeks from now. I hope, because I always dont have very good luck with bareroots.

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida