SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb_roselover_in

I did it, but now I'm scared.

barb_roselover_in
16 years ago

Got advice from my son that I needed to cut down on some of my flower beds. I know he is right even though I don't like to admit it. Anyway, I took the bull by the horns when help became available and dug up four roses from my bed by the driveway. These roses have not done well. They have bloomed but nothing spectacular. They are some of my older roses and maybe they are just pooped out. One is Gertrude Jekyll; Graham Thomas; Tamora. I have put them in five gallon containers and thought I would baby them for awhile to see if I could coax them into doing better. I need some help on these decisions: (a) could I add anythng to the good potting soil to help them at this time-- like epsom salts, alfalfa or super phosphate? (b) should I cut them way back? (c) should I cover them with some plastic or something that would produce humidity? I put them in a pretty protected area which will get mostly afternoon sun for now. I would appreciate any advice that you would come up with. Should I prune and put glue over the pruned areas? I have read pros and cons. Thank you, whoever chooses to help me. - Barb

Comments (2)