SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blingedup_gw

Please help! Returning my Cabrio, but I'm scared !

blingedup
13 years ago

I used this site extensively for my kitchen remodel, but when I needed a new washing machine, I asked the repair guy what he thought I should get, ran up to Lowe's and purchased it. He suggested a top-load Whirlpool Cabrio.

It was a lemon. It sounded like INCREDIBLY LOUD machine gun fire during the spin cycle. I called Lowe's and let them listen over the phone. They delivered a new one the next day. That was yesterday......

I hate this machine. I washed a load of clothes with no problem. But the second load was towels. I did not cram them in, I did not overfill. It made a terrible metal-clanking, squeaking, pounding sound through the whole thing. You can hear it throughout my house. It's really, really loud. It then stopped running and I had to move them around and re-start it.

Then I tried a blanket from my bed that I've washed many, many times. It shut down and gave an LE error message, which means plumbing problem. I am washing a small load of underwear right now, and it's doing fine. There is no plumbing problem.

And all of my clothes are a wrinkled mess coming out of the dryer.

So.....I don't think I can live with this machine. I think Lowe's will take it back -- they know me there as a regular customer.

But I've been reading here and I can't find anything that I feel confident in getting instead. I know they won't be so friendly if I want a THIRD machine picked up.

I had started with a top loader because my neighbor so hates her front loader. Mostly, I've learned that I want my 20-year-old Whirlpool top-load agitator back!!!!

Is there anything out there that MOST people are happy with? Anything?????? (And it will have to be something Lowe's carries.)

Thank you!

Comments (4)