SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

My trip to S and W greenhouse

Today was the most perfect day ! 82 degrees and just pretty clouds in the sky. After church I drove an hour to White House tn to visit S and W greenhouse. I was not expecting to see everything in bloom already !! It was heavenly. There was a sea of roses and annuals and hanging baskets just everywhere.
Here are some shots of the greenhouses .

{{gwi:255828}}

{{gwi:255830}}

This was the greenhouse filled with roses already sold to suppliers. The lovely lady working today ( the owners mom ) said 300 of them were reserved for the Kentucky derby !

{{gwi:255832}}

Here are a row of tree roses they had ! I wish they had been my taste , all great floribundas but I prefer a weepy look . They were a steal at 34$ a piece.

{{gwi:255833}}

I made friends with this lovely hen ! :)

{{gwi:255834}}

Here's my cart all loaded up. It was hard to restrain myself !! I picked up 2 climbing Colette's , a pearly gate , James Galway , princess Alexandra of something slipping my mind and the last boscobel they had !! What a find ! I don't know if I want it because it's hard to find but I snatched it right up! :)

{{gwi:255836}}

I was sad they were out of teasing Georgia , one I had loved before but I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere. I did buy 2 Clem's too . One called andromeda and classic jackmanii.
Isn't andromeda adorable ?

{{gwi:255838}}

Here they are on my porch . I will pot them up later today .

{{gwi:255840}}

Here is the obligatory dog photo ! Henry is 4 months old cavalier King Charles spaniel . And diesel is a 5 year old english bulldog . :)

{{gwi:255841}}
Henry is looking a little bummed that he can't come near the roses ( he eats them!)

{{gwi:255842}}
Checking on progress of clematis .

Thanks for your help choosing my climbers earlier this week ! And 10 stars to S and W !! Great great nursery . Loved my visit ! :)

Comments (11)